I'm trying to cook dinner a little more around here- we tend to get take-out most nights, but I've cooked dinner two whole days in a row this week so far, wow! (which means we'll probably end up hitting the taco truck tonight ;)
Anyway, last night we had one of my pasta-monsta favorite go-to easy dinners- a Glamour Queen!
That's what it was called at Deux Gro Nez, a long since closed veggie restaurant that I used to frequent in Reno- this was my favorite dish there and after they closed, I've been making it at home ever since!
It's super simple! You'll need:
- 8-12oz pasta- I like Thin Spaghetti or Capellini for this one- a little thinner keeps the whole taste light and fresh!
- pesto sauce (we bought it jarred this time but when basil is in season, fresh pesto is yummiest!)
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- feta crumbles
- Salt & boil water. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, dice tomato and onions, wash spinach.
- When pasta is al dente perfecto, drain and return to pot. Mix in pesto sauce. Let cool a bit so that spinach doesn't wilt when you serve it.
- Serve pasta in hefty piles. Layer bed of spinach on top first, sprinkle on tomatoes, onions and feta to taste (lots is better :) Add some fresh ground pepper, if you'd like.
- Dig in!
It's super fresh tasting, healthy and delicious! We love it in spring & summer. And it's a good way to get your veggies if you're a pasta monsta like me!
Whatcha been cookin up lately?