I have a lot of work on my plate this week and I still struggle in trying to make my days as productive as I know they can be, and must be honestly, if I'm ever going to get all this work done!
So, I made a little list of 10 things that I hope to do everyday to keep myself sane and productive so I can fend off that feeling that verges right on the edge of overwhelmed. Cause that's how I've felt the last couple weeks, and how I always seem to let myself get, and it's a cycle that needs to stop. So, I'm gonna try!
2. Exercise! It sucks, yes, but it's good for you and you always have a better day when you do it.
3. Cocoa laced coffee! Cause chocolate makes everyday better.
4. Herb laced juice! Gingseng/rosemary/gotu-kola tinctures mixed in juice- sounds eww, but ahh...makes you feel good. Helps you focus!
5. New office! Well, it's not new, but it feels that way, being clean for maybe the first time since you've moved in, and you spent all Sunday afternoon sorting through months old piles of paper and half emptied boxes. Love your office. Use your office. Keep your office clean and organized.
6. Take breaks! Real breaks, as in, get your ass up and off the computer for at least 5 minutes every hour. Stretch, move, pet a kitty.
7. Don't let the big black box with the bright shiny channels distract you! Listen to music instead during the day, maybe even try headphones at home so that the animals/neighbors/phone/"that wierd clicking noise you keep hearing but can't tell where it's coming from" don't distract you, either.
8. Eat & drink water! Eat & drink water! Hello, are you listening? Eat & drink water!
9. Reward yourself! You know who likes mid-day coffee with friends and thrifting trips and cookies? You do. Use those things as motivation to get stuff done, girl!
10. Stay focused! Focus on one thing at a time. ONE THING AT A TIME. Just try it, I bet it'll help.
It's hard hard hard to work from home sometimes- anyone else have work-at-home distraction remedies to share? Or some productivity goals you're setting for yourself this week?