Oh my goodness, the last goal meetup of the year? Wowza! And I'm sorry to say, but I feel this will be the last meet-up period here on BIZtips. With the opening of my shop and needing to have at least a slim resemblance of a regular life too, BIZtips will become a fully archived site come January. Here always for your perusal! But it won't be updated any longer. I have faith the meetup will continue for those of you who'd like it to. I'll find someone to carry on the torch for me and update you here once I know how it will work.
So for November, I actually did great (for perhaps the first time!) Here's what I got done...
- Measure all clothing
- Finish editing all photos
- List at least 24 items in shop for opening
- Opening goal date: Nov 16th actually opened on time!
- Send out notice to bloggers about the opening! didn't do this yet- need to research some vintage friendly blogs first
And for my last goal list of the year, I'm not going to go with a list, per se. My goals are a little larger than list formation, but I need to remind myself daily this December, and every month afterward, what really matters in my life. So...
Remember that it's not the hours I spend working that I'll remember when I'm older, it's the relationships I have and the fun times that come from those that turn to memories. Make more memories.
Remember that your health is of utmost importance and you need to take care of yourself. There's no excuse in letting stress make you sick. Give yourself time to relax. Exercise. Sleep longer. Feed yourself well.
Remember that you may not know now which direction to go, or where you'll be in 5 years, but take everyday as a learning experience, and you'll find your place. Grow within yourself and your business will naturally grow along with you.
How about you? What has December got you thinking about? What sort of personal/lifestyle goals might you have that can actually help your business in the long run?
To participate in the meetup:
- post a list of your business related goals for Dec, along with your checked off Nov goals if you'd like, on your own blog
- come back here and leave a link to your post in the comments (*If
you don't have your own blog to post to, feel free to just leave your
list of goals right here in the comments to play along!)
- Then, check out everyone else's lists as they leave comments here- click their links, hop to their blogs, say hello, meet and greet and support each other because that's what it's all about! And if you've participated before, maybe try to say hi to a couple new participants you're unfamiliar with this time around.
I'm so thankful for all of you who've met here, read the articles, and been able to take away something from this meetup, and site as a whole. I had big plans for this site originally, but realized that it's just not the direction I'd like to go with my career. So here's to not being afraid to try things, to experimenting and being brave in your ideas, and to not being satisfied until you truly find the place you're meant to be.
Have a happy, successful and hopefully restful holiday season! Don't stress too much! It'll come again next year ;)