It's the first Friday of the month, and you know what that means... time to check in on our monthly goals! (If you're not familiar with the monthly goal meetup, read how it started and what it's all about here.)
So, how did you do? Better than last month? Here are the goals I had for myself and what I crossed off the list for May:
May Business Goals
- Set up a newsletter list for the monthly goal meet-up done!
- Get a discounts/deals page done for Modish done!
- Send out a newsletter to all past Modish Marketing sign-ups about this blog done!
- Ask a few more people to create freebies for Modish done! I sort of cheated and sent a couple emails out to people just this morning- see, motivation to not look like a total slacker in public helps! :)
- Get a press/praise page done and up for Biztips not done, and totally not a priority- taking this off the list
- Get back to inbox zero! (I hope to also write a post about that this month) half done! I wrote a post about how to get your inbox down to zero, but I never did accomplish it myself. Hopefully this month?
- Get all my duckies in a row with the marketing consulting materials half done! I've been working on it but still a few more things to do before I can offer services direct to folks...coming soon!
- Start offering marketing services directly to clients in June I'll keep this on the list, should be able to make it by end of June hopefully!
- Take ads down and re-organize the sidebars on BIZtips done!
I didn't get to everything, but I think I did okay still...better than last month. And if nothing else, these monthly lists just help us assess what our priorities really are and how much we can accomplish each month, on top of the daily grind I know we're all busy with.
I think I have too many goals for each month, and tend to list ones that aren't really priorities so if I never get to them it doesn't really matter. This month, I'm going to cut the list down and include the things that are the most important for me to accomplish so I can better stay on track. So, here goes:
June Business Goals
- Inbox zero! Inbox zero! Take back your god-forasken inbox already, me!
- Get consulting services list with pricing ready for clients
- Make consulting page and banner for biztips
- Announce consulting services on the blogs by end of June!
- Ask at least 3 more people to participate in the Do What you Love series
Now it's your turn! How did you fare for May? What are you going to change about your goal list for June? Have your priorities shifted at all?
To participate in the meetup:
- post a list of your business related goals for June, along with your checked off May goals if you participated last month, on your own blog
- come back here and leave a link to your post in the comments (*If you don't have your own blog to post to, feel free to just leave your list of goals right here in the comments to play along!)
- Then, check out everyone else's lists as they leave comments here- click their links, hop to their blogs, say hello, meet and greet and support each other because that's what it's all about! And if you've participated before, maybe try to say hi to a couple new participants you're unfamiliar with this time around. (*I'm no longer going to post a list of names with links at the end, so just peruse the comments to see who's participating :)
Mid-month at some point, I'll send out a friendly reminder email to everyone to check in and see if you're keeping your goals in mind. If you're not already signed up for that list and would like to be, sign up below!
The first Friday of July is July 3rd, right before a holiday weekend- so I think I'll set the next meet-up for Monday, July 6th instead in case some of you are going out of town. Sound ok? Ok. See you then!