Modish BIZtips (a sister to the popular lifestyle blog Modish) offers helpful advice, encouragement and practical support to indie business owners, whether you're just starting your business or have been doing it for years. It is no longer an active blog, but there is a wealth of information hidden in its archives that will help you achieve success in your creative business!
Take a look around! You might like to get started with our most popular posts:
- How to Approach Blogs (and get them to write about you!) + the Great Big (handmade) Blog List!
- Feeling a little lost? Confused? Overwhelmed? Gain some perspective and self assurance with our beloved encouraging words posts. Some favorites:
- When you Feel like you Just Don't Measure Up
- Are you Selling Your Creative Inspiration Away?
- Competition, Resentment & Letting your Ego Get in the Way
- Facing your Fears to Conquer your Goals
- Build your business plan step-by-step with our guest bloggers Lili & Henry guiding you along the way.
- Read our Do What You Love series of interviews with successfully self-employed people for an honest look at the ups and downs of working for yourself.
- Taxes got you in a tizzy? Read our Tax Planning for Procrastinators & Everything you Need to Know about Estimated Taxes
- Ready to set up shop? Read our Online Handmade Marketplace Comparison. Ready to expand your business? You'll like Wholesale & Consignment Basics Parts 1 and 2
- Are you blogging yet? Here's 7 reasons why you really should be
- Getting a whole lot of nothing done today? Read our tips for dealing with distraction